Monday, August 8, 2011

Ai-yai-yai!

I'm sure you have all seen an I Love Lucy episode where Ricky is very worried about something Lucy has done or is about to do. He smacks his face and says "Ai-yai-yai" Yah, that's what I am saying right now. I have an appointment to get my hair cut. Not just trimmed but cut. I've decided the "frumpy mom" look I've been sporting for much longer than I've been a mom has got to go. But it is nearly killing me.

Why is it so hard for me to let go of my long hair? Why am I so attached to it? Why am I afraid of having short hair? I think I'm afraid of losing comfortable and familiar feelings. I'm afraid of the unknown since it has been 24 years since my hair was short. I'm also probably not wanting to officially be "old" since most "old" women have short hair and very few have long. I'm sure there are a number of reasons why I am wondering what I'm doing. But regardless, I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Maybe I will do something completely uncharacteristic of myself and go crazy and chop it all off. And then again, maybe I'll chicken out.

Oh, yah I'm suppose to be making a new goal, not talking about hair.

So the new goal is to take time to meditate every day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment