Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mental Goal: (Unexpectedly) Exercise

I know that exercise would commonly be under the physical goal but
I've decided to make it a goal for my mental health this week. I saw a
picture last week of someone exercising and it reminded me of how
exercising makes me feel and I wanted that back. (The kind of exercise
that is the hard, get-your-heart-pumping kind.) The lady had a look of
clarity. She looked refreshed and invigorated. All things I would like
to have in my life. My challenge, well okay I have more than one... My
challenges include making myself work harder- more than just light
walking and to make the time every day to do it.

I guess when it comes down to it I just have to commit to it. Like
I've committed to not eating things that have no nutritional value and
can I just add that I had ample opportunity this weekend between a
first birthday party and a beach day with friends- non-nutritional
calories abounded. But I didn't have to think about it or even
consider it because I had made my decision. So when a friend pulled
out old fashioned donuts (a former weakness/love of mine I didn't even
have to think about it because I had long before made my decision. Now
I need to make the same type of commitment/decision about exercising
so that when something comes up or I'm just feeling too tired or too
sore, I'll do it anyway because the decision has been made long
before.

Okay, so I guess my objective for this week is to commit- long term-
to exercising daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment